Thursday, March 19, 2015

Goin' to Kansas City



I'm Goin' to Kansas City
Kansas City, here I come!

Every time I get ready to go to Kansas City I can't help but hear that tune by the late, great Fats Domino in my head. (want the song in your head, too? CLICK HERE TO LISTEN )

This weekend, I will be going to Kansas City to judge gymnastics.  My friend Laura owns KC Gymnastics and I will be judging at her league meet.  For me, this means working all day Saturday and part of the day Sunday.

I am doubly excited because I get to go up early and see my brother Jared.  He lives in Kearney, just a 20 min drive from where I will be staying.  He is going to drive down on Friday and we'll go see a movie or something, probably hang out and catch up for a bit.  Then on Saturday night, after I am done with my judging duties for the day, I'll go with Jared over to my friend Deborah's house, where a whole bunch of our friends will be having a cook out!  I haven't seen these friends since last August (the last time Deborah hosted a cook out) and I am excited to see them all again.

I really like going to judge gymnastics on the weekends.  I used to be a gymnast back in the 1970s, and judging is one way I can stay connected to a sport I truly loved!

1 comment: