Monday, March 28, 2016

Return to Routine




Today was the first day back to school after spring break.

I really thought I was ready for being back in school.  The weekly lessons were posted on the planner board.  The new character word-of-the-week was printed in big, green, block letters at the top of the white board (FAIR) and a matching quote filled the quote box. ( "It's not FAIR to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself"  ~Eleanor Roosevelt )  Morning work and a brand new pencil was waiting for each student at their desks.

What I was not prepared for was how sleepy I would be today.  I had gotten quite used to sleeping until eight or eight-thirty every morning.  Getting up this morning at six was quite a shock to my system that I spent all day adjusting to.

Also, I was not ready for being up on my feet all day.  I was surprised, when I stopped to consider it, how much time I spend doing almost anything other than standing when not at school.  When I am governess of my own time I sit, stand, walk, run, lay, squat, and kneel.  I am rarely static, and especially not static on my feet.

Without a doubt, I am tired after tonight, but I believe I am ready to return to my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment