Monday, March 21, 2016

Take Me Back to Tulsa




Today, for the first official day of Spring Break, Mr G and I went to Tulsa.  Tulsa is where I was born and raised. I lived in T Town for 18 years, spent 4 months in Stillwater, then ended up here in Missouri.

We took the long way 'round to get to Tulsa.  We started by heading out to Neosho.  We wanted to get in a little target practice, but it seems the public range at Camp Crowder is closed for cleaning on Mondays. Bummer.  Not needing to be in Tulsa until six p.m., we went to Grand Lake and had lunch at Grove. 

We ended up in Tulsa around 3-ish.  We went to a couple of shops looking for specific items, most of which we did not find.  Then we were at a loss as to what we should do. You see, I haven't lived in Tulsa for 30 years! I really don't know what there is to do anymore. I picked up an around Tulsa magazine and was very disappointed to learn we had just missed the 2016 Harmonica Summit, but excited to see Shinedown will be playing the BOK Center later this summer. Maybe we'll make a return trip.

We ended up driving over to the neighborhood where I lived from birth to age three.  I was really surprised I could still find it!  The house was a lot smaller than I remembered it.

We made it to my brother's house and followed Paul and Aaron out to LaFortune Park where Aaron was playing in his first Jr High soccer game of the season.  His team (Edison) is very good and they beat Memorial 6 to 1.  Soccer is not really my thing, but I enjoyed watching my nephew play all the same.

Driving home was a very enjoyable trip for me since it gave me the chance to reconnect with my husband after being apart all weekend.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment